Sunday, April 15, 2007

Eurotrek

So the insanity was rather a good idea in the end.
What am I talking about? Well my trips to Europe to see a couple of gigs. Firstly to the Matrix in Bochum, Germany to see Thunder, a great gig, good club in the venue afterwards, and barring getting off at the wrong station on the way back to the airport a smooth trip. (Oh and the rather quicker than anticpated landing back at Stansted!) Because of the amount of travelling time involved I didn't get much time to look around but managed to squeeze in a museum based in an old mine in Bochum which was nice.

Then just this week I went off to Graz in Austria to see Therapy? at the Orpheum. A nice little venue, and another great gig. No support and an early finish were a little strange, but still good and well worthwhile. Had a couple of days to look around and Graz is a really beautiful city, lots of good looking young ladies as well, so it was all good, well apart from being woken by doors banging in the hotel when I'd only had 3 or 4 hours sleep after being out until 3am.... I found a bar that had rock and metal playing, mainly with the videos on the screen as well, on Wednesday so went back after the gig on Thursday as well.

It was good to have a chance to chat with the members of both bands after the shows, thought I was too old for autograph hunting but what the hell makes the trip that bit more special, got some photos as well so may post them up when I get them developed (or maybe not as it will reveal my identity!)

So I'm looking out for more gigs when I am on holiday in the summer, these European trips are fun! For the moment I'll have to look forward to the usual round of gigs in London, but the Thunder show in Chepstow Castle should be a good one too with the unusual setting and a town I haven't visited before.

No comments: